Eve Light Switch
Eve Light Switch lets you experience the comfort of connected lighting. Switch your lights on and off using Siri or with a quick tap on your iPhone.
Create scenes to control Eve Light Switch and other HomeKit-enabled accessories with a single command. Leverage the power of automation and attune your lighting to your routine.
Eve Light Switch transforms any single or multi-bulb setup into an intelligent lighting system, so can use your existing bulbs regardless of their shape, size or color.
Here is the Quick Start Guide for Eve Light Switch:
Eve Light Switch requires a neutral wire and replaces a single pole switch. Not intended for use in 3-way installations where lights are controlled by more than one switch. Only for use with copper or copper clad wire in dry, indoor conditions.
If you are unsure or uncomfortable around installing Eve Light Switch, consult a qualified electrician. To be installed and/or used in accordance with appropriate electrical codes and regulations.
Max 1800 W (resistive), 600 W (incandescent), 120 VAC
Eve Light Switch is for North America only.
Setup Step 1 - Turn Off Power
1) Turn off power at the circuit breaker that controls the light switch.
Ensure power is off by switching your existing light switch on and off multiple times.
Setup Step 2 - Remove Existing Light Switch
2) Remove your existing wall plate and light switch.
Only proceed with the installation if there is a neutral wire (usually white) in the switch box.
Setup Step 3 - Connect Eve Light Switch
3) Connect Eve Light Switch using wire nuts:
• Black Wire From Eve Light Switch - connect to Live Wire, usually black, may exit to the bottom of your wall
• Red Wire From Eve Light Switch - connect to Load wire, usually black, may exit to the top of your wall
If you are not sure which of the wires is live and which is load, simply try one configuration. Swapping live and load will not cause any damage to Eve Light Switch.
• White Wire From Eve Light Switch - connect to Neutral wire, usually white, required, but not always present
• Green Wire From Eve Light Switch - connect to Ground wire, usually green or bare, optional.
If no Neutral wire is present, Eve Light Switch is not compatible at this location.
Setup Step 4 - Mount Eve Light Switch
4) Mount Eve Light Switch into the wall.
Setup Step 5 - Attach Plates
5) Screw in the snap plate, and push the face plate onto it. Alternatively, use your existing wall plate.
Setup Step 6 - Turn On Power
6) Turn on power at the circuit breaker that controls the light switch.
Tap Eve Light Switch - your lights should now turn on.
If your lights do not turn on, your live and load wires might be swapped.
Turn off power at the circuit breaker.
Try swapping your live and load wires.
Setup Step 7 - Download Eve App
7) Download the Elgato Eve app from the App Store.
Elgato Eve at App Store
Setup Step 8 - Add Eve Light Switch
8) Open the Elgato Eve app and tap Add Accessory. Eve will now guide you through the setup process.
If you have already set up another accessory, go to the Eve settings to add Eve Light Switch to your home.
Switch your lights on and off from the app or using Siri.
You can also tap Eve Light Switch to turn your lights on and off.
HomeKit Setup Code
Please keep your HomeKit Setup Code in a safe place. You need it to securely add Eve to your home, and nobody but you has a copy.